Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Declaration of the Jubilee Week

Samplarian has ended, and the score is: DJ - 12, everybody else 0. If you want an explanation, you're asking the wrong person.

It occurs to me that aside from feeling very old at times (which has made for the declaration of the Jubilee Week), this group that has just packed up and left has given me great hope for the church of the future. We had a full cross-section of the fruits of the spirit represented: those well versed in scripture, those with the gift of speaking very very quickly (some might say in tongues), the jokemakers, the scholars, and those with the gift of smelling badly.

I now prepare to pack as the summer has almost come to a close for me, and I am tired, but I trust that all necessary energy and strength will be given to me, when a lack of time and rest demand that I go with the pull of the spirit.

4 comments:

shamrock_isle said...

Bamo! The church is getting many blessings with this group of samplers

good luck packing! and if I can help any when I am back in town for two days...let me know

Shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

So, who is the smelly one and why do you get 12 points???

WholesomeGoodness said...

A good magician never reveals his tricks, and a cynical joke-making sniffer never names names. You would know if you were the smelly one.

And I do believe I scored negative twelve points, but I don't know why.